Ask about our Energy Savings Agreement
2. Upgrade to a more efficient thermostat. Older thermostats, especially the mercury operated will wear out over time. A thermostat that is not secured and/or leveled properly can lead to longer run times of the system. Upgrading to a digital programmable thermostat can save $ by decreasing run time. A programmable t-stat has proven to pay for itself in just months. Have our specialists install and program yours to keep you comfortable year round.
4. Change or clean filters as needed (generally, every 30 days). To help remind yourself to clean/change your air filter, we suggest setting a date with the same as a mortgage, utility, phone, etc payment. Some thermostats can be programmed and a reminder alert will appear on the screen.
7. Maintain recommended distances between equipment and obstructions (refer to the installation guide or contact a professional). Never build a deck over or a privacy fence around a heat pump/air conditioner without maintaining proper ventilation distances. Always leave an access to the air handler/furnace inside to allow for servicing.
9. Periodically, oil-fired heating systems need adjustment to keep them running in the safest, most efficient and least costly manner. During the heating season, furnaces and boilers can accumulate a build-up of dirt. In addition, the various moving parts wear. Dirt and wear can lead to a loss of system efficiency, system failures, and health and safety problems. Annual inspections and maintenance are required to keep an oil-fired heating system operating efficiently and safely. Click here for tips on how to maintain your oil furnace.
1. Have the heating/cooling system serviced bi-annually. Extreme temps in summer and winter can cause serious damage and parts may become weak. In turn, an inexpensive part that needs to be replaced can lead to major repair bills. Sign up today for an Energy Savings Agreement and your system will get attention twice a year. (Spring and Fall)